Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Welcome to Qingdao!

What's up, Qingdao?

Possibly the most exciting thing about being there was the discovery of exotic flavors of Oreos! While I type this, I am munching on some Green tea ice cream flavored Oreos left over from my second China trip.

But careful... the fruit flavored ones taste like cough medicine.






And the second best thing to find out was definitely that you can have landslides in Chinese bathrooms! Our hotel bathrooms specifically. That was a shocker.









And these drinks were great... We had them nearly every day for about 7 yuan each (a little more than a buck) and they were soooo delicious. The orange and mango were my favorites. There was a man who worked there every day who helped us out with his suggestions. It was all handmade, too!
By the way, this is my lovely roommate through the whole trip, Soyeon. She was so sweet to share a room with me, even though I don't speak much Korean, and she doesn't speak much English!

We also got to make mandu... that is, dumplings, with Chinese students one day! They were pretty delicious... probably because I helped so much. hahaha.
In this picture I am warning the photographer away, for it was mine. ALL MINE! Hahaha... actually I was trying to stop him from taking more pictures, but it looks pretty funny anyway.




I'll leave it at that today and save the longer trips for their own posts! Last picture: This is the other American, me, the guy who encouraged us to come (and knows Chinese), and the guy who lives in our dorm!

Music video time!
I admit this is just a run-of-the-mill kpop boy group music video... it has the ridiculous outfits/haircuts/doll-like faces... but the song just sticks in my head. So I thought I'd do the favor and share it with you!
Bwahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts! Or make fun of my ridiculousness! Or encourage me! It's your choice.