Saturday, August 11, 2012

An Island of Friendship and Clams

Sometime in June my Korean friend invited me to a retreat with his church. I went with the preparation team, early in the morning down to an island in the south called Anmyundo. So it was me and... let's see... 8 guys, I think. Haha. Anyhow, we went early and bought lots of food and ate more of it... then we looked at all the prettiness!




































As you can see, it was very pretty. This is a picture of the kaetbol, or mudflats. So inside our cute little pension, the guys practiced praise songs and I sang along as best I could. My reading isn't so fast, haha.
Here's the Korean version of In Christ Alone, which we sang!



Then, they made me sing in In Christ Alone and Amazing Grace in English by myself... haha. Somehow I had more confidence because they couldn't speak English so well. Afterwards they were all like, "Wow, you should come to our church sometime!" Haha, I don't say it as a a bad thing, but its pretty easy to amaze Koreans with English skill. ;-)

That night we went looking for clams before the rest of the retreaters arrived. Sadly, not being able to see does not help with finding clams. Haha.

It was a really nice time to spend... we had barbecue, fellowship, and fun! The next day, after the rest of the people arrived, we went digging for more clams... And I found a lot this time!

No... I didn't find all of those. :-)

All in all, a super cool experience that I probably would never do in the States!

Well, over and out. And here's a new music video... Different than usual, yes, but I just watched a wonderful drama, and this is a song from it. I approve! Ignore the video though... it's just visuals from the drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts! Or make fun of my ridiculousness! Or encourage me! It's your choice.