Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Inwangsan: Peaceful and WARM

Ok, today, less talk, more pictures! Yay! Right now, I'm sitting in the dorm house that I will be living in all semester... but this blog post will be devoted to just one day, Monday, which was before I left Paul's sister's house. Why? Because Monday deserves one blog post... mostly due to the many pictures I took! I went to Inwangsan, or Inwang Mountain, a gorgeous rocky mountain with many hiding places and paths that lead to heart-stopping precipices. Okay. Not quite heart stopping, since I'm alive. Ha. But, it was the most interesting mountain I have ever climbed! Plus, it was in the 40's! So, it was super warm! Right below the mountain (or actually halfway up it, since the bottom half is covered with apartments and buildings) is the buddhist temple complex, Inwangsa.


Inwangsan, behind the temple, is a sort of buddhist worship area. The paths that are scattered through the mountain all lead to little alcoves or spaces where buddhists will pray, chant, or do whatever. There were quite a few out there when I came, so it was good that I came alone, so I could be quiet. I didn't want any dirty looks. The mountain had a great view of Seoul! There were so many boulders to climb and get a better view than the one before...













Music video for today? Cheojin Dalpaengi with Apgujeong Nallari. Sorry there's no video! There wasn't any official one...



-레이첼

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts! Or make fun of my ridiculousness! Or encourage me! It's your choice.