Friday, October 12, 2012

Laoshan and Embarrassment

This day... was embarrassing. That's all I can tell you, really. I mean, it was nice, but it was embarrassing. At least I got to take some pretty pictures...
























Why was it embarrassing? Well it started with our guides. We had these Korean student guides from day 1, but they only accompanied us when we went on school trips. Well, I was feeling sorry for them bec
ause no one was paying attention to them. I figured they would like some Korean company since they live in a foreign country, which I understand. But stupid social restrictions made it weird for people to go up and just... talk to them, include them. So, I expressed these views to my friends. Of course they interpreted my concern for the outsiders to be "liking" them. For the record, they were two young men. So all the people privy to this false information made fun of me all day, often within hearing distance of the poor boys, who I assumed couldn't speak English, but actually could. Yay! It didn't stop there, but I'll show you what we saw beforehand.



Does this make you think China? ha, I thought so...









































As you can see, it was gorgeous there. Sadly, the prettiness did not lessen my embarrassment.
When we got back from seeing this waterfall (which was a disappointment actually, since we only went up to the falls, and couldn't hike anymore than that, which we were expecting), we went to have lunch.
Here is a diagram of what happened at lunch:



If you don't understand still, let me break it down. I stand up, therefore the weight of the bag makes the chair top-heavy. It falls. I stupidly decide to sit down and then find out what the crash sound was. I fall on my rear end. I die of embarrassment. 
The worst part is that I could tell everyone was embarrassed for me. I kept bursting into laughter, and no one would laugh with me! Some girls said "awww" and patted my hand. Another told me that ladies should not stand up to get food. "Uh... Thanks". Ah, and it was at the table with the guides. hahaha.Well, there's my exciting story of the day! You're welcome. Ha.

Obligatory music video time! I've got two because I'm going for a detective theme today because... um, I guess detective/spy themes are popular now. haha. Well, first I'll address something I'm sure you will wonder. Yes, it is a man. of the male species. I know it's hard to believe. Ah, and there's a girl group who did one too! And I totally would have posted it to show both sides, but its not quite appropriate. Talk about objectifying women... It's videos like that that make me dislike most girl groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts! Or make fun of my ridiculousness! Or encourage me! It's your choice.